Being in a relationship is expensive which means low-cost date ideas are a must. These days, date nights are usually spent at 5 star restaurants and holidays are made to gift your significant other with something extra special and worth way too much money.
For those of you looking to save some money, I’m with you on that. Once October hits, I start rummaging through my bank account only to realize that most of my money has been spent on GrubHub and online shopping.
Just because we want to save up for the holidays doesn’t mean we need to stop enjoying our time with our significant other. THAT is why I racked up 50 cheap date ideas that are way more fun than a 5 star meal.
50 Super Fun Cheap Date Ideas
1. Movie marathon with ice cream sundaes
2. Go on a walk around your city and explore
3. Spa night together 😉
4. Play a game! Board game with drinks, ping pong, even Twister!
5. Go on a bike ride around your neighborhood. If you are not good at bike riding, don’t do it.
6. Revisit your childhood and hit the roller rink!
7. Hiking is always fun
8. Have friends over for a bonfire
9. Make a new recipe together
10. PUMPKIN CARVING! Even invite your closest friends! Fall is my favorite season so this is a must.
11. Get creative and plan dates under $10 and see what you guys come up with.
12. Make a homemade pizza with your favorite ingredients!
13. Work on a puzzle together
15. Go to an art gallery or museum. Check out “free nights” on their websites.
16. A Netflix marathon and popcorn night is always fun.
17. Go to the driving range and hit golf balls together
18. Go to a bar and cheer for your favorite team
19. Have a BBQ
20. Make s’mores in your backyard
21. Hit the gym together
22. Have a picnic!
23. Go apple picking
24. Visit the Farmers Market
25. Host a fondue night with friends
26. Create your own craft beer tasting night
27. Volunteer together
28. Go to trivia night! I’m terrible at trivia, by the way.
29. Go bowling
30. Go for a run together
31. Listen to a concert by your community band or orchestra.
32. Sing in a karaoke bar.
33. Stroll through a local art fair or show.
34. Pick up your favorite pizza and eat it in the park.
35. Walk through a garden center or arboretum
36. Wander through an antique store and come up with backstories for some of the more interesting treasures you find.
37. Go for a scenic drive — especially nice when the autumn trees are in full color.
38. Play with the puppies and kittens at your local animal shelter.
39. Rent a canoe and paddle around for the day.
40. Research birds in your area and go bird-watching.
41. Watch the sunset. How romantic!
42. Hit up a used book sale.
43. Go to your nearest store, give each other a $10 limit, and buy something special. This could be a card with a cute note written in it!
44. Walk through your downtown area and browse the boutiques.
45. Bake each other’s favorite types of baked goods.
46. Go camping in your own backyard.
47. Listen to a new podcast together.
48. Put together a time capsule that you can bury in your backyard.
49. Visit a hobby store to pick out supplies for a project you can work on together, like a vacation scrapbook!
50. SNUGGLE ON THE COUCH – IT’S FREE!
Think about it: If you are with the person you love, there is no need to worry about a fancy dinner every night. As long as you two are together, that’s all that matters.
What’s your favorite cheap date night idea? I would love to add to this list and share with my readers! Comment below.